Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So many changes.....

So Jason, Avery, Maddie, and I made the big move to North Texas this past weekend. All of our belongings are currently being stored in a huge Uhaul until we close on our new house Monday, August 2. We are so excited about being back by our family, but it was sad to say goodbye to so many wonderful friends and neighbors.

Our sweet baby girl will now be able to grow up about her aunt, grandparents, great-grandparents, and all of our close friends and family which we are so excited about. We feel very blessed to have found wonderful jobs and a great house. We look forward to many memories and family get togethers. Life is good!
Avery is now three months old and growing like a weed. We love our little angel so very much, but she is giving us a run for our money. We are very lucky to the fact that she has been sleeping through the night now for two weeks. It has been so nice. However, she is not fond of her carseat. She acts like it is a torture chamber and will scream till she is taken out. Although, yesterday she did really good and was pretty happy most of the day. Knock on wood. I seriously think she is already teething and my good friend told me about teething tablets so I am giving them a try. I know it is early but her two bottom teeth look awfully white under the gums. Every day gets a little better. She has got some strong lungs and has evacuated me out of many restaurants and stores by screaming at the top of her lungs. Even though she is not an "easy" baby, she is MY baby and I love her with all my heart. My mom said that my paybacks have arrived for my early years. I told her, "Mom, I am sorry and my paybacks have arrived and she rides in my backseat." She just laughed. Parenting is definitely a learning experience and a life of trial and error. Even though she loves to scream, she has made both Jason and I wonderfully happy.

Oh, and we pierced her ears at 3 months. She looks adorable. We went back and forth whether or not to do it, but she was already unhappy when we went so we yet ahead and did it. Everyone we talked to said to do it young, because as they get older, they mess with them and you have to hold them down. No thank you.
We have accomplished three of the most stressful changes in life in the last three months; having a baby, buying a new house, and taking new jobs. With all the stress and change, Jason and I have come out on top and we have embraced each challenge. Life is not easy, but it is good and we thank God for all the strength He has given us. We would also like to thank all our friends and family who have prayed for us to have a smooth transition into our new life. We greatly appreciate your love and support.

1 comment:

ashley, kyle, clay, and avery said...

What a doll! She is so cute and I love her pierced ears. My Clay was a screamer and is now a very strong willed child. It is definitely harder, but I love knowing that he has a strong personality and won't be taken advantage of. Let's do lunch soon!