Thursday, January 20, 2011

A New Year........

2011 has arrived, and even though I am writing this a little late, I still want to share a few things. Each new year we can look back on the previous year and it seems that all we remember is the "bad" or "negative" things from that year. That was not the case for us. I have to say that 2010 came with much joy with the birth of our beautiful daughter. Avery has brought so much joy and life to Jason and I and that is all I can see from 2010. Granted, I do think about the tragedies and pain, the dear ones who passed, and the exhausting move we made from Houston to McKinney with a three month old who did not like her carseat while I was still strictly nursing. With all that being said, I was happy to usher in a new year to see what life holds for our family in 2011.

I made a few New Year's Resolutions:
  1. In November we found a great church that both Jason and I are really excited about. We have made the decision to join and it feels so refreshing. As a family I want to grow in Christ and become more centered.
  2. I want to be a better mother, wife, daughter, sister, teacher, and friend.
  3. Become more financially sound.
  4. Have a date night with my husband at least once a week.
  5. And lastly live a "SIMPLE" life.

In regards to number five, I would like to share this from last Sunday, "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him. This, then, is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.'"

-Matthew 6:5-13

I find this so true in my own life when I pray. I pray at night when I am rocking my sweet baby and I feel I need to name everything and everyone I am praying for. All it takes is the word, "Unspoken". I will simplify my words and my life in 2011. These are my goals for the new year and I hope to accomplish them. I am only human so I will do my best.

Avery is excited about 2011!

No comments: