Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Side note: I lost everything I typed and this is my second attempt........frustrating.
My second Mother's Day was as special as the first. The day started off with Jason making me breakfast before church. It was delicious and so very nice. I love our church! The sermon was all about mother's and our pastor made all the moms feel so special. Being a mom is the most awesome feeling and I find myself thinking about how lucky I am on a daily basis. I feel so privileged to be a mom; especially Avery's momma! I have so many friends who have struggled to become a mom or are still struggling and I pray that God allows them the opportunity all in good time. After church, my parents, Lindsey, and Jason's mom and step-dad came over for lunch. I cooked baked chicken, ranch style beans, green beans, mashed potatoes, macaroni, salad, and bread. I am really enjoying taking over a bit with family meals. After lunch, we all got a chance to visit and then we walked down to the pool. My parents really enjoyed watching Avery play in the water and Nana took lots of pictures. After everyone left, I took Avery jogging (Mommy jogged, Avery slept!). I am so blessed to have so many people in my life that make it special! Thank you babe for all you do!
I want to say this about my mom: She is loving, caring, honest, selfless, giving, kind, and most of all an excellent example of what a mother should be. Thank you for loving me unconditionally and being such a good Nana to my Avery! You have overcome a lot and to become such an amazing woman and mother that you have become is truly a gift from God. So I leave all you moms with this:
A Mother's Prayer:
Philippians 4:6, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
As moms we worry about everything, it is our job, but rest with this promise that God will take care of you.
Sweet baby face!
Papa being silly with Avery's float!
One of my favorite pictures. Thank you Nana for taking pictures for us!
Daddy and Avery
Having fun in the sun
Precious baby
Holding on
Happy Mother's Day
I love this little baby so very much!
My wonderful breakfast that Jason made me before getting ready for church! Yummy!

No comments: