Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Fun Filled Weekend


Well, I am finally sitting down. My mother-in-law, Nancy, my sister-in-law, Jennifer, and my niece and nephew got here Thursday afternoon and we did not stop moving the whole weekend. We went to the park twice, Target (I forgot how many times), the outlet mall, "A Day in the Country", and Market Street. Unfortunately my mother-in-law got her cell phone stolen and I felt so bad for her. At least it was not her purse. Any way, the whole point of this post is to express how much I enjoy our family. My niece was attached at my hip and her little voice saying "Ash-a-wee" just melts my heart and the way our nephew smiles at us is just precious. It definitely gives Jason and I the baby bug even more. We can't wait to be parents when that day comes; hopefully sooner than later.

I would, however, like to share a story with those of you reading. So I have been watching the TV show "What would you do?". If you have not seen it, it is worth watching. It makes you stop and think about some real life situations and how you would react. Well yesterday I was truely tested. So we all went to this so called family fun activity at the Sam Houston Race Track park in Houston. I think we were the only sober people there. Walking in we noticed a bicycle and backpack in the bushes. Well, my first thought was that it belonged to a homeless person and my heart just broke. As we were leaving there was a man who was sooooo drunk he could not even stand straight and a woman leaving in front of us as we were walking out. The man noticed the items in the bushes and went over and got the stuff. He was drunk and I had my niece with me so I did not say anything to him right away. I instantly walked over to a parking attendent for help and heaven forbid he leave his station. Needless to say, he did nothing but tell me he did not have a walkie talkie. The man was clearly stealing this unknown persons' belongings and I was outraged. So I went to the next parking attendent to ask for help and luckily there was the head of security. I pointed in the direction of this theif and he quickly drove over to help with the situation. The police came and got the bicycle and backpack and took the two people in and I was so happy somebody help. What was even worse was that the woman was an estimated nine months pregnant and smoking a cigarette. It was best that I left when I did because I probably would have ended up in police custody after telling her what I thought about what she was doing to her poor baby. It amazes me what people do.
Overall, we had a wonderful weekend and always love having company. So if your in the area, let us know. Have a beautiful Sunday.


No comments: