Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Just a few thoughts

In this post I have many things to share. I have not felt the need to really blog while pregnant, except maybe one or two times, but Little Miss Avery is getting ready to make her debut and I want to recall some things both past and present.

I have truly had a wonderful pregnancy as far as morning sickness, discomfort, and problems go. I was sick for my first trimester, but then it was over and it is now a mere memory. I was rather nervous about my back pain during pregnancy due to my previous injury, but once again I have been blessed with maybe one month of true pain that was really not fun. Other than that, this last trimester has brought some swelling in my hands and feet and pressure on my pelvis. Not much to complain about. The one thing that has always come to mind during the last nine months is that any pain or discomfort is completely manageable because there are some women who will never get to experience this true gift of carrying their child. It was a state of mind that gave me patience the first time my pants did not fit, understanding when wearing shoes with strings was no longer an option, and true appreciation for my new figure.

Even though I am ready to reclaim myself physically and emotionally again, I will miss the most wonderful feeling in the world, my precious baby moving in my belly. It is the ultimate reassurance for a mom that everything is ok inside there and always gives me this feeling of bliss.

As far as my current progress, I now go to the doctor every week, which is routine. My doctor started me a week early because of concerns with my swelling in my feet. Everything is ok with the swelling now. However, now I have been placed on bed rest due to being dilated 3 cm and softening of my cervix's at 35 weeks and 4 days. I will be 37 weeks this Sunday (April 25th) and my doctor said that she would feel better if something were to start after 37 weeks. So now I am playing the waiting game that is making me so very anxious. Jason and I are ready to meet our sweet baby girl and get our life started as a family of four (Maddie, our Maltese, is our first born :) Also both of our families are ready to start spoiling our precious Avery!!!!!!!!

That seems to be all I can think of right now......Once she is born we will post pictures and details just as soon as we can. We thank everyone who has prayed and thought of us in this most blessed time in our lives. We feel so lucky to have friends and family who care so much about us.

No comments: