Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow and Ice and Everything Nice

Our street after all the snow and ice. Beautiful!
We roasted marshmallows for smores. Yummmmm.
I love to see snow in the trees. It reminds me of all my years skiing and riding the lift to the top. All you see are trees with snow covering them.

Avery watching daddy cook steaks outside. We stayed bundled inside too!Ok, so let's recap this past week (February 1-4, 2011). To be quite honest with you I did not take the news reports seriously with regards to the "Big Ice Storm" and snow that was projected in our forecast. Much to my surprise they were pretty accurate this time. Monday night Avery started stirring which woke me up immediately and when I came too I could hear the ice hitting the windows. I ended up having to go upstairs and turning Avery's sound machine up so the noise would not wake her up. Tuesday I waited to get ready for work to see if we would have the day off. Sure enough at 6am the phone call came in and my head hit the pillow for a few more hours. In a million years I would have never thought we would be out for four days. The road conditions kept us home from work through Thursday and I thought for sure Friday we would be back in business. But then we had 6' inches of snow fall and cover the sheet of ice we had already received.
Now, I do laugh at everyone's reactions with the weather, but I will have to admit that I was a little stunned to see just how much winter weather we got. It was beautiful and I LOVED snuggling with my baby girl every morning and being home with my husband. With that came some bumps in the road......I got the stomach bug Wednesday and I am still not 100%, Jason started running fever Thursday afternoon (he is good now), and Miss Avery started feeling bad Friday morning (I will leave details to the imagination). I have been very busy cleaning, doing laundry, and disinfecting EVERYTHING. Overall it was a nice little break and staying home with my family for some much needed down time was a blessing. We all suffered a touch of Cabin Fever, but it was well worth it.
Loving on daddy
Staying warm and playing hard
I am sooooooo bored
We made a palate and snuggled next to the fire
Avery took good care of her babies while at home with mama and daddy
Mommy and Avery getting ready to get out of the house!
Avery helped me do the laundry
Beautiful
So excited to see her baby!
Happiest little baby

No comments: