Thursday, September 12, 2013

Summing Up Summer


This summer has been very eventful; some good and some bad.  I can't say I'm sad to see it go.  The one blessing the summer did produce was our precious Ansley in June and then it seemed liked we could not get a break.  My grandfather had a quadruple bypass, then I had an irregular EKG and had to have a stress test (all came back normal except for my cholesterol which the doctor feels like I inherited due to how well I performed on the stress test.  I may just have to live with it.), my Dad had a bypass, one stint, and then they found two pulmonary embolisms and a blood clot in his leg.  He was in and out of the hospital four times over a two month period.  He is now on the road to recovery.  On top of all that our house sold, then unsold, then the very next day sold again to the people who bought it.  We moved in the August heat, thank goodness for movers, and then were gone a week.  I feel like hospitals and house talk took away our summer.  Then poor Ave hardly got to go swimming this year with Jas at work and Ansley being so little.  My emotions have definitely took a hard hit with all the changes.  We love our new home and it just feels right.  We are further from our immediate family, but it was the best thing for our family and we are so happy!  I found a MOPS group through one of Jason's cousins and we plan on starting to look for a new church this weekend.  Our neighbors are so friendly and always outside, which we love!  

With all the changes we really worried about how Ave would adapt to everything.  She loves her new school and new house but we have noticed a few changes in her.  When she gets upset she really makes a fuss which is not her personality, but we think it is her way of getting our attention.  We have really had to reevaluate how we discipline her and try other things.  She absolutely adores her sister and is always willing to help.  Not sure if the change is due to our new changes or age.  I just have to keep praying and reminding myself that "this to shall pass".  With Ansley sleeping through the night, all the boxes unpacked, and finding our way around a new area I feel like we are finally getting a routine to some degree.  It's hard with a baby!  So for now we will enjoy the festivities that occur with the coming of Fall, the start of the State Fair, the splash pads being open till the end of the month in our neighborhood, Texas Tech Football, the smell of Fall candles filling the house, afternoons at the park, and play dates with all of our Ft. Worth friends!  I have shared a few pictures of the girls that we have taken and I pray that Fall breaks a lighter load for many.    

Entertaining sister.  She is a huge help.  Ansley will be crying and Ave will walk over and start talking to her and she immediately calms down.
Sweet baby cheeks
Helping mommy make pumpkin bread!
Cutest Lil' Red Raiders Around
Ave wanted to feed Ans and about three minutes into she looks at me and says, "Mommy I think you should do it".  Guess she could not go 100 mph while feeding baby!

Avery loves to play with my poms from high school!  She calls them her "pomis"!  She is a hoot!
   

Who needs a dog bed?  New use for the bouncer!

Such a sweet smile!

I hear her voice, "Mother what am I sitting in?"

Happy Baby

Gifts we made for Avery's teachers!  Thank you Pinterest!

Cheering on our Red Raiders!  Love College Football season!

Playing at the splash park in our new neighborhood!

Loved this!  Go Tech!

No comments: