Saturday, September 6, 2014

Back at it- First Day of School

Well here we are in September and when I looked, the last post was August 1st!  Why must I let myself get so behind.  I still need to update on our South Carolina trip and post an awesome baby shower I co-hosted for a dear friend.  Since August 1, I have accepted a position within Keller ISD teaching 5th grade Social Studies and Science and I LOVE IT!  The change from Special Education was hard at first but when my kiddos walked through the door August 25th, my heart was happy! 

The girls are in Primrose and they have been so good to us.  They are learning, loving their teachers, and have never cried (yes even the first day) when we leave them.  Everything happened so quick from the moment I was hired that I really didn't have time to be stressed.........I was interviewed at the end of July, offered the job and told I needed to take an additional certification test on top of the one I already have on July 29th, I took the test exactly one week later, one week after that I found out I passed the test, then that day they gave me the official offer, I signed my contract the next day (Wednesday), Thursday went to orientation, got strep Friday and had to miss the first day of work, and had five days to prepare for 75 sweet little faces to walk through my door. 

Through all the stress of job hunting, applying, interviewing, and more stress I know God placed me in the right place.  My team is so fun, our kids are awesome, and I love my campus.  And I feel so blessed to know that when I go to work, I know my girls are safe and being well taken care of.  That is all a momma can ask for. 

So today I have graded, entered grades, laminated posters, and my goal is to catch up on my blog while waiting for the Tech game to come on!  I am still working for Forest and running my photography business so I have a few things on my plate.  I know the good Lord is taking care of us and I thank Him for all that has been provided to Jason and I. 

P.S. I have had to learn to let go of some things.....such as being there to take pictures of the girls on their first day.  Daddy had to do them on his phone hence the not so good quality.  I have to be at work by 7:20am!  That is a new early for me! 

Ansley on her first day!

Avery on her first day!

Private Pre-K class! 
 
Loving the uniforms!  Makes the mornings so much more smooth.  No "I want to wear this.....tears......no you will wear this...."

And our family was chosen for the Family of the Month for September! 

No comments: