Saturday, May 2, 2009

Amazing LOVE........


Wow! I had one of the best evenings last night. Before Jason and I got married, we went through pre-martial counseling. It is standard for our pastor to require this and I tell you what, we learned so much from our sessions. Our pastor, Simon, gave us the book "The Five Love Languages" and I recommend it to everyone who is married or getting married. Anyway, one of the promises we made to each other during this time was a weekly 'date night' no matter what was going on in our lives. We have been really good about this, but date night seems to have become "let's just grab a bit to eat". Now, there is nothing wrong with this, because it gives us a chance to just stop and enjoy each others company. But, I told Jason Tuesday night when we sat down for dinner at the house that I wanted to go on a date like we use to do when we were in college.

So, Jason planned a whole evening around things we both enjoy. When we got off work we went home and got ready. We ate out on the patio of Chuy's and talked about things that we have not talked about in a long time. Life seems to pull the rug out from under you sometimes and it was so nice to feel like it was only Jason and I out there. It was like we were in our own world. After dinner we went to see "Obsessed" in The Woodlands. Once we left the movie we walked over to the Waterway Marriott down to the river walkway. You could hear Dave Matthews Band still playing their concert at the Pavillion and we were lucky enough to caught the end as we were walking. It was a beautiful night and the breeze just chilled everything off. As we were headed back to the car we ended up walking pass a couple of high-end Woodlands night life locations. As you can tell we rarely go there. We are more movie on the couch people a.k.a. old married couple. As unspontaneous as we are, I was shocked when Jason wanted to find a table in Gooses Acre, a pretty cool place right off the waterway. We located a table right in front of the cover band, ordered a glass of wine, and shared a dessert. It was like being in college again. We talked, laughed and really enjoyed the entire evening together.

This morning when I got up there were roses, chocolate milk, and sprinkled donuts waiting. What more could a girl ask for! I often wonder why God chose me for Jason, because I look at the awesome person he is and then I weigh in on our relationship and the odds that were stacked against us with seperate colleges and many tearful years of long distance and then to see how fortunate we are now. I pray to God everyday and thank Him for the man he is today and the rock he has become to me. We are so in tune with each other that it almost seems impossible that two people could be as close as we are. We have been together 11 years and each year only gets better. I also want to thank his mom for raising him that way he is. He is a fine tuned man of God and I love every inch of him. Love you babe.





1 comment:

Alisha & Mark said...

Hey Ashley,
I am loving your blog! It looks like you and Jason are just still so happy and doing great! Miss you! We need a pom reunion...I guess Hilary's wedding could be a reunion! :) Love, Alisha