Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Gruene Hall
My extremely handsome husband

Boys setting up camp!


Jason and I had the opportunity to go camping with some friends of ours, Jeremy and Candice Collins, over the Memorial Day weekend and I wanted to share what all we did. It was some much needed rest and relaxation and we had great friends to do it with. We left Friday and headed up to Canyon Lake right outside San Marcus which is only about two and a half hours away from where we live. Jason got to see some of his old stomping grounds around Texas State on the way up and while we were there we ate at Mamacitas. This was one of his favorite restaurants to eat at while he was at Texas State (Southwest Texas).

Every morning we cooked breakfast and soaked up some sun while planning our day. Each day contained its essentials; breakfast, lunch, nap time, dinner. We worked our scheduled around those four things. On Saturday, we rode around in the boat and stopped in the "party cove". Jason is not to keen on heights so I am going to brag on him while we are talking about it. The guys where jumping off a cliff that was about 30 feet up and I could tell he thought they were crazy. After watching a few jump he surprisingly decided to try it. I could not believe it. :O I waded in the water to cheer him on and you could tell by his face on the way down he was shell shocked. Not that this is something I would encourage him to do again, but he faced one of his fears. Good job babe. That night we went to Gruene Hall and ate at the Gristmill (one of my favorite spots). I love the atmosphere and the unique look of the town. We have already decided that we are going back in July to spend more time.

On Sunday, we faced the frigid waters of the Guadalupe River and floated for about two hours. I have to say, the people where quite entertaining; both to watch and to listen to. Jason and I have never floated the river on such a popular weekend and we had a blast. After the river we had to stop in and get some Blue Bell Ice Cream from Gruene Country Store. What a way to end a float. Can't go wrong with ice cream. We did a little shopping there in town and sipped some tasty wine at the winery. That night we had a fish fry at our camp site and everyone came over. It was so nice to get to hang out with our friends away from our cell phones and computers. Monday morning came early, but there was motivation to rise: The Premiere Outlet Mall in San Marcus. We left the camp site early, but our detour to the mall made for a late night getting home. Oh well, I found some great deals. I look forward to going back this summer!

1 comment:

Kendall and Brooks said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend!