Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Giving Thanks

So I have noticed that on many blogs, my friends have listed things they are thankful for and I too had all intentions of posting this before Thanksgiving. However, time seemed to slip away and it is never to late to express the the many things I am thankful for. So........

1. I am thankful for my faith and the strength that I find through that faith. Knowing that God is always by my side is an everlasting comfort.

2. I am thankful for my loving, selfless, humble, and sacrificing husband. We have been together 11 years and there is not one day that goes by that I do not wake up with a huge smile on my face because he is there next to me. He loves me for who I am and accepts my flaws with open arms. Knowing that someone loves me like that makes me want to be a better person. Still to this day when he looks at me I get butterflies. For that, God has blessed both of us for allowing us to share that kind of love for one another.

3. I am thankful for my family. They have raised me in a way that has led me to appreciate all the hard times and even more, the good times. The memories I hold from my childhood are ones that will be with me for life and I hope that I can be half the mother that my mom is. I am blessed that I can speak openly with my dad and he does not shy away from his "girls". They truly are the rock that holds our family together and their example as parents makes me proud to be their daughter. I love that within the last couple of years my sister and I have become closer. Seven years difference has been a challenge, but I would give my life for my sister. I am thankful for all three of them.

4. I am thankful for Jason's family. Since I was 14 years old they have welcomed me into their home and their hearts. I have been treated like family and that makes life easy. I am thankful for Nancy, Jason's mom, who raised him to be the man he is today; minus the horrible memory :) I am thankful that Jennifer, Jason's sister, enjoys hanging out with me and allows me to have the most precious niece and nephew anyone could ask for. I am thankful for his entire family; Nancy, Tommy, Jennifer, Tristan, the babies, Jeff, Josh, and all the extended family.

5. I am thankful for this little baby growing inside my tummy. I dream of Baby G and tear up every time I think of the first time I will get to hold him/her in my arms. Baby G is truly a miracle from God and I am so blessed to have the opportunity to it's mommy. I cannot wait! So May, please hurry. There are many people waiting to meet this little baby.

6. I am thankful for good health for myself and my family.

7. I am thankful for all my friends. I know that I could call on Jenn, Steph, and Marissa and they would be by my side in a heartbeat. Jason and I have been blessed with so many good friends that have enriched our life with memories. Thank you.

8. I am thankful for the time I get to spend with family during the holidays. I cherish every second with our families.

9. I am thankful for Maddie. She is my sweet Maltese that Jason got for me in October 2005 and she makes my heart melt every time she looks at me. She loves to snuggle and of course bark, but we are working on that in preparation for baby.

10. I am thankful for all the special kids I get the opportunity to teach each day. Even though at times I feel very tested, I always remember the big picture and what my job represents. I have an amazing job, great co-workers, and wonderful girls (cheerleaders). We have been blessed with our jobs and location.

11. I am thankful for the things I love and love to do: snow ski (reaching the top of the mountain and looking over God's country with my husband), the ability to call my family and friends everyday and have someone on the other end waiting for my phone call, being able to sing in the car and no one hear me, flavored water, candles, Tivo (however you spell it), cute shoes, TJ Maxx, football (specifically Texas Tech), cleaning and yard work (don't judge), and just about anything that comes my way; something else my parents taught me, love the life your in.

12. I am thankful for my belief that "Everything happens for a reason". For such a loaded comment, it has pulled me through many hard times.

13. I am thankful for my life all together and the people God has given me to share it with.

No comments: