Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Happy 15 Month Birthday

 Happy 15 Month Birthday to our sweet girl!



Once again I come to this particular blog and I reflect on your changes and cannot fathom where the time is going.  I love that you are a happy, sweet, little baby, but at the same time I want to hold you in this very moment and not let you get any bigger.  I feel it will be a struggle year to year as you grow and become a young lady.  There has been a lot happen this last month; your first plane ride, your first trip to the beach, your first long car ride, and numerous play dates. 

So here we go.  Here are some of your changes:
Diapers: Size 4 (still)
Clothes: 12-18 months (12 months is getting a little snug and 18 months is too baggy)
Teeth: You have 6 and two getting ready to break through on bottom
Words you say regularly: Momma, Dada, Daddy, dog, doggy, Maddie, Nana, Papa, baby, ball, bye bye, Minnie, Mickey, "Z" for Zach and you sign "more", "food", and "drink" all the time.  We are working on you saying Sorry, Thank you, and Please.

Doctor Stats
Weight:  25 lbs 8 oz  75-90%
Height:  32.3 in  95-97%
Head:  19.2 in.  >97%
Physical Exam:  A+
Development:  A+
Shots:  Yes :(
At least your height evens out with your weight!  Maybe you will be a super model and you can support your momma and daddy in their old age!  Your a beautiful little girl and Dr. Weiser was very impressed with all you are doing.  I am very proud of you!  And she reassured me that the temper and fits are every bit a part of your age and nothing we were lacking doing as parents. :/
 
You love to brush your teeth and help mommy and daddy clean up your messes.  You have really started watching and mimicking actions of others such as washing your hands, wiping your mouth and when I say "look at mommy", you look me right in the eye.  I truly believe you understand the words: timeout and "would you like a spanking".  You know these words not because you are disobedient, but because we are trying to teach you manners and good behavior and we want to be consistent with our teachings. 

You loved the beach after the first night!  The first night you cried and ran right back to my arms.  We drove your first long car ride to Destin and you did great!  Thennnnnnn we flew back home......mommy and daddy remember ALL the details so we will leave it at that.  All I can say is that it is worth how ever much money a seat cost to get you your own and strap you in your car seat.  Other than that it was great! 

We are still struggling with tantrums and what I call "out of body experiences" when you get mad or something is taken away that you obviously disagree with.  I know in my heart that it is an issue of frustration with the communication barrier, but I still have a hard time when you act "ugly".  I understand it is a stage/phase and hearing other parents express the same struggles is somewhat comforting for me.  You are independent and extremely curious about everything!

But on the other hand you are the sweetest little thing ever.  You give the best kisses, you blow us kisses, and when you hug you make a little noise like "ummmmmmmm".  We love to watch you play with your baby; you kiss her, hug her, and make her dance!  It is so cute to listen to your little voice "reading" your books.  You love books and I love that!

Currently we are changing your routine for bed.  You now get your milk before your bath and after we get your PJs on, you go straight to bed.  We are trying to get you in a "big girl" routine. So far you are transitioning very well but if I could I would hold you till you were asleep and then I probably still would not put you down!  You are taking one nap a day and are going to bed between 8 and 8:30.  Overall you are happy, healthy, you make us smile daily, and we love you with all our hearts.  You have your 15 month check-up August 4th so I will add your stats to this post. 

Your mommy and daddy love you very much and you make our hearts melt every day!       

No comments: