Thursday, August 18, 2011

Your Path to Leadership

We started a sermon series at church and I wanted to share a few things that really spoke me.  The series is called "Navigating Life's Journey" and I feel that since becoming a mom I have really struggled in finding a good balance.  Wanting to put all my energy into my family and my little girl, but still having a full time job and maintaining a home is challenging at times.  The series speaks about what God wants from each and everyone of us and I am finding that it is guiding me in the right path to slow down and chill out.  Here lately I have posted about my feelings of defeat with Avery's temperament and feeling as though I am the only one on earth going through such things.  I know that it is just my personality to stress and want everything in a straight line and Avery is teaching me a valuable lesson; nothing is straight, perfect, or without flaws.  I want to clear my mind and lighten my heart and say for my own sake that Avery is like any other child who is experiencing frustration and developing her personality.  I need to calm down and handle things in a more mellow manner and I am finding that this is working much better.  I pray daily for patience and encouragement and I am learning how to apply the sermons to my everyday life.  I feel I always have room for improvement and here are a few points I would like to share that stuck out to me:
  • God wants your Attention
    • I am guilty of this......We turn to God more when He gets our attention through pain or unusual circumstances.  I work to give Him my attention everyday and I find such a peace because I know He hears all the little things.
  • God wants your Respect
  • God wants your Heart
  • God wants your Obedience
  • God wants your Trust 
    • This really spoke to me, because I know He is guiding Jason and I to be the best parents and spouses we can be, but I have to trust every predetermined decision that is made in our lives.  Some are easier than others, but regardless it is in His plan.  
I struggle most with the following:
  • God wants to Bless You and He Wants to Bless Others through YOU!
    • This has weighted heavy on my heart to be more of a servant to my family, friends, and church.  I have to stop and look around and realize just how blessed I am and I want to give that to others through service and volunteering. 
I have just been really fired up about this so I needed to get it in writing before I forget!

No comments: