Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy 16 Month Birthday

 Happy 16 Month Birthday AVERY!

This has been a month of change.  Mommy went back to work, you went back to "school" (aka Ms. Holley's house), and we have all three had to adjust to daddy's new job with mommy working again.  You have been a trooper and truely have made it easy on us.  The first two days back into the swing of things did not go well; you screaming "momma" and me crying myself to work with daddy out of town.  Talk about hard!  Things are back to normal now; when I drop you off you say "bye-bye" and shut the door when I leave.  You don't even have to wave at me through the window which allows me to focus at work and not be distracted.  I thank you for that! 

You have a mouth full of teeth, literally.  You now have nine teeth through the gum and fully in with six more about to break through.  I know, hard to believe based off my last monthly post, but you have really been good with teething and I can't believe how many you have now.  A few stats:

Clothes: 12-18 months depending on the brand
Shoes: 5-5.5
Diapers: Still cruising at a size 4
Words: Momma, Daddy, Shuzes with a sweet little accent (shoes), flower, ba-bee, bottle, paci, Nana, Papa, dog, ball, Papaw, Maddie, Elmo, Minnie, Mickey, Bye-bye
You can sign: Please, More, Drink, and Food
Favorite things to do: Look at books, feed your baby, and empty your toy box in the living room!

I am just in awe how you are growing and changing everyday.  Your hair is getting lighter and longer!  It is just beautiful.  You 'talk' all the time and when you get in mommy's new car you yell Minnie and point to the tv screen.  It is hilarious!  And YES, the temper and tantrums are under control.  Mommy's new calm approach is really helping!  (Thank you Love and Logic)  You love to brush your teeth.  No matter where we are, if you see loose shoes laying around, you will quickly pick them up and put them on any un-shoed feet!  You are a great listener when it is time to clean-up and put something away which is great.  Anything we do, you mock it! 

Somethings that are new is that you are watching Ms. Holley take care of the babies at "school" which has really caused you to become maternal to your babies; rocking them, wrapping them up in your blankie and bouncing in front of the tv, you use the pillow to help feed your baby, and Ms. Holley told me that you put your baby in the baby swing!  I love it!  You will be a great big sis WHEN THE TIME COMES.  No I have nothing to tell anyone just in case wondering minds where wondering!  :)  You are also becoming quite the artist!  You are providing some great artwork on the freezer everyday!  It makes me smile everytime I look at your colorings.  When music comes on, you dance and it is the absolute funniest thing ever; laughing until I am in tears!  So to sum up the last 16 months would take me forever, but I will say that we are so proud to be your mommy and daddy and you are the coolest kid in the world!  (Please don't ever dump out a whole bag of goldfish again while Daddy and I are grocery shopping at Kroger.  One word; Embarrased) 

Reading your books!  You are now a proud owner of a Frisco Library card!
 Stacking your blocks
 Thinking, "Why are you taking a picture of this?"
 Chilling in this awesome weather with one of many of your babies!

 Watching the neighborhood boys ride their bikes! 
 Will it be curly or straight?
 Mommy: "Kiss your baby"

 Cuteness
Time to give the baby a bottle after all these pictures!

No comments: