Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy 20 Month Birthday


 Happy 20 Month Birthday Sweet Girl

Well again I find myself battling to get your 20 month post written. Partly due to recovering from Christmas and the other part due to not wanting to be this close to your 2nd Birthday.  How can those words come out of my mouth.  You are growing like a weed both in height, your word recognition, and your understanding.  You are independent and very head strong.  This month you decided that you no longer liked high-chairs.  Great!  That was my first thought.  However, you have successfully sat in booster seats and when you are at home you sit at your little table your cousin Tucker gave you.  If I had a song that represented you each month, the song for this month would be I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T by Webbie.  Your vocabulary now includes: I wuv you mommy/daddy/who ever else, out (referring to get out of the car), jump (on your new trampoline), walk (no longer want to be carried), NO (I despise this word and despite the fact that I know this is a stage, I still cringe when you say this), up (referring to what you want mommy and daddy to do if we are sitting down), Peasssss mommy, Peasssssss daddy (you know how to work the system, in your sweet little voice, you say this all the time), "tissue" (this is your version of Thank you.  LOVE IT!), Jesus, stars, moon, jacket, hat, and at this point I am drawing a blank.  You understand pretty much everything I say and at this age you are like a sponge; you soak up everything you hear and see.  You play babies, you cook (we have had many tea parties, cloth donuts, and you serve up a great sample of Scentsy (I gave her my old samples and she now uses it at her kitchen!)), and you love all your Little People stuff you got for Christmas. 

You love shoes and you always check to see if you have a bow in your hair!  You recognize all your articles of clothing and your eyes, ears, hair, hands, feet, belly button, nose, mouth, tongue, arm, and leg.  You love your sissy (Maddie) and you give great hugs and kisses!  You are a great little helper when it comes to cleaning up, putting things away, taking sissy her food bowl (which you love to do this!), and carrying things in from the car!  You love to tulor (color), sing, and be outside.  You got to go back to Sea World this month and loved looking at all the Christmas lights.  I just knew you would go into depression when the Christmas lights and trees came down, but you have not asked about them yet.  The pure joy you had for Christmas decorations was awesome!  You love to wear to mommy's perfume, lip gloss, and lotion.  I have already planned out your 2nd Birthday and it is going to be you all the way.........Minnie!

We love you sweet baby girl!    

 Chilling at In and Out burger
 That is the coolest shirt ever!
 Trying to stay bundled up and fight these colds that keep getting her.....:(
 Big girl
 Sassy
 Beautiful little Avery
 Story time
 Goober
 Ironing her throw
 Daddy had a call so Avery made a few calls!
 The life of a 20 Month old
 Pretty sure this was right after you said the forbidden word, "No" and I had just got on to you.
Helping daddy make the bed.  They did not get too far!
Helping Mommy clean the house after taking down Christmas.

1 comment:

ashley, kyle, clay, and avery said...

I don't think that my first comment was published.

She is such a sweet, cute girl! I can't believe that our Averys are almost 2! Where has the time gone? Tear :(