Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Time with Daddy

Time with daddy is precious and when we are all three together as a family we make the most of it.  With Jason working and traveling so much, we have grown to appreciate our time together so much more.  You never realize how much you take for granted until you are apart and if anyone can do it, we are the perfect pair.  We had our fair share of long distance while dating and we made it through solid as a rock.  Once again we find ourselves apart, but stronger than ever.  Jason makes sure Avery knows he loves her and does everything when he is home; bath time, putting her to bed, picks her up early to go to the park, and keeps her home from "school" to have daddy-daughter days.  I love that she has Jason as her daddy because he is such a good leader of our family and role model for her to look up to.  I will say this, I have a new found respect for single parents and I tip my hat to those who parent alone.  I could not imagine my life without Jason and the parenting he does when comes home.  I am very lucky to have him.  In the last month we have many family outings and I wanted to post my two favorite.  A few weeks ago, we had a couple of beautiful days with great weather.  We took advantage of it and spent the afternoon at the Arboretum; one of my favorite places.  The sound of Avery being chased by Jason was music to my ears.  I got to lay back and soak up the sun literally.  That sounds funny to say in January, but it was so nice.  I could do that everyday! 

 Daddy made us lunch

 Just chillin

 Avery found the water!

 Such a big girl!






 This past weekend Avery and I drove to McAlister, Oklahoma and spent the day with Jason.  It was a jeans, sweatshirt, and teeny shoes kind of day.  We hiked up to Robbers Cave, Avery in tow, and had a wonderful day.  The weather was chilly but we soon warmed up after climbing to the top.  We really enjoyed being outside and doing something different.  Avery loved it!  She kept saying "walk" meaning she wanted down.  There were a few places she could walk, but other than that she had to be carried due to the drop-offs.  This was a really neat place!


 I took some pretty cool pictures, well cool to a science person, while there.
 Daddy and Avery in the cave where the bandits hid out!
 And with Mommy!


 Man-made stairs up the side of the rock.
 Beautiful view

 Fault line
 Family pic!
And this is how we took the picture.  Propped up on pine needles on auto set!  Now that is what I call creative!
 The get skinny stairs in between two rocks.  We came to the conclusion that every time we saw that red dot mark, that meant the trail was advanced.  Not advisable for those travelling with toddlers!
 Loving the brisk air and dirty jeans!
Crazy rock formations

1 comment:

The Hopewells!!!! said...

What a fun time!!! What a sweet Daddy to make y'all lunch!! And a pretty sweet personalized cooler too!! :)