Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy 22 Month Birthday

Avery is 22 Months old which seems crazy to me.  I am already furiously planning her party and wishing it was still her 1st birthday.  I don't know how many times I have said, "Oh, we have her 1 year pictures this week.....".  It just doesn't seem like time should go by this fast.  This month has been super busy.  Daddy has been working a lot and we have literally had something going on every weekend.  Avery is changing each and every day.  This month had a motto which said, "this too shall pass".  Avery teaches me patience and understanding each and every day.  And I pray to God each and every night for more and more of those two things; to be a good example for her and guide her down the right path.  I do know she is under 2, but it is never to early to start teaching them to be caring and sweet.  From the moment she was born I knew she would be strong willed, which is like me, but at this age it can really be a challenge.  She has discovered the word NO, I do it, and she thinks she can do everything (from putting her shoes on to putting her pants on, getting her tooth brush out of the drawer, to opening the door for Sissy, to opening the refrigerator).  Well, you get my point.  I know that her personality will be an advantage as she gets older and she will be able speak up for herself, but right now I would only like pleases, thank yous, and yes ma'ams.  She is a very polite little thing.  I have to remind her sometimes what to say, but just the other day I held the door for her to go into the house and she turned around super sassy and in her thick accent said, "tank you mommy".  It is in those moments you know you are doing something right.  She is a Daddy's girl through and through.  I love that though because Daddy misses her terribly when he is gone.  I know when he comes home and she runs to him, that all is right in his world.  She talks about him everyday and I also include daddy in everything I say and do.  What a lucky girl to have Jason as her daddy!  In organizing all my pictures, I realized just what a busy month it has been because I barely picked up my camera.  Notice only a few pictures this post. 

Jason and I both feel so priviliged to be Avery's mommy and daddy.  We love her more than life itself. Almost two years ago changed our life forever and it only got better.  Becoming Avery's mom has made me think differently and want different things.  I want this world to be better for her future which sounds crazy but when you are a parent, you want nothing but the best for your little ones.  I fear I will cry in writing the next two monthly posts because I just want my baby to stay a baby. 

Oh, and one more thing.  YOU HAVE NO PACI ANYMORE!  It is gone!  And you did awesome our lil' rockstar.

Happy 22 Month Birthday sweet Avery

 Love this little profile
 Our trip to the Fort Worth Rodeo.
 You and that silly paci.
 Beautiful picture
 Pucker up!
 Happy baby
Breakfast before school and daddy gets to read to her this morning!

No comments: