Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pictures at the Arboretum

So we loved the Dallas Arboretum so much last year that we are back again for Avery's 2nd Birthday pictures.  It is so bitter sweet seeing her looking like a big girl.  It makes me happy and sad all at the same time.  Meredith Terrell from MPrint Photography did them again this year and although these are the ones I took, I know hers will be ten times better.  She set the bar high last year! 

I was really nervous about the day because it was just me and Avery, daddy had to work and the last time we went to have her pictures taken she was deathly afraid of the camera.  Who knew!  So I wanted her to number one cooperate and two to behave for my sake.  It was not until the end that she started getting stir crazy, which is to be expected, but in the back of your mind you are still saying, "why can't you just be still?"  She did three outfits and in the week leading up to the pictures we practiced changing our clothes several times.  I wanted her to do this because if not she would have freaked out and wanted to keep the Minnie shirt on.  I tried to plan well in advance.
 Precious girl!  She wore this tutu last year and it worked again for her theme this year!

 She loved all the flowers.  She kept saying "Avery's flowers"!
 Smelling them......
 Kissing them......
 And hugging them.......
 Precious girl
 Change two......She did not want to sit on this bench.  Poor Meredith chased her around a lot. 
 Love this little face.


 Helping Meredith change her lens.

 Looking at the airplane in the sky.

And change three.....well this is all I got.  By this time, I had broke a sweat, I wishing daddy was there to help, and Avery did not want the camera in her face or pointed in her direction anymore.  We ended the day, just the two of us, on a bench eating a Strawberry Chill!  We were both exhausted.  Oh, that was after her blankie went MIA and mommy frantically ran around trying to find it.  Found it laying on the ground untouched and unharmed.  Thank you Lord.  At the end of the day I know we got some good pictures and she did better than I expected.  This is a tough age.  That is all I have to say.

No comments: