Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Alliance Air Show and Festival


This past weekend we went to the Alliance Air Show which is only about 10-15 minutes from our house.  It was the first for all of us, well to a big air show at least, and I have to say we will probably go every year.  It was really cool to see the planes, the shows, and all the vintage aircraft that is currently restored and being maintained in honor of our veterans.  However the pilots driving those planes are CRAZY.  No amount of money would get me in a plane doing what they did this weekend.  And if the money got me in the plane and I survived I would probably never ride in a plane again.  It made me sick to my stomach just watching.  Afterwards we grabbed some lunch in Roanoke, took a few pictures, and met up with our neighbors at our Subdivision Fall Festival.  Gigi and Papaw went with us and really enjoyed the show too! 

Daddy and Ave

 I'm dizzy just watching!
 No thanks.
 An Orange County Design, Paul Jr.

 The ridiculous smoke from an 18-wheeler with a jet mounted to the back of it.  Really?
 Saving the ears.  I wanted the kids to be able to hear in ten years!

 Baby girl was tired.
 They did a reenactment of Pearl Harbor that was really good.  When the explosives went off I jumped about five feet, scared Ansley, and she started screaming.  Oops!  Someone should have warned me.   

 Love this picture.
 And the explosives that scared me half to death.

 Sweet girl!  Protecting those ears!
 Firetruck, Firetruck, I want to ride on a Firetruck!  This picture is for MJ!
 The truck that made all that smoke!
 Ave was not happy that we would not pay like $500 for her to jump on the bounce houses.  Not really that much but you get the point.  You should not have to pay to jump on those things......rant over.
 Flying the plane Gigi got her!
 Jas actually saw this helicopter fly over our house Sunday evening.
Cool plane
 Avery and Grace at the Fall Fest
 She got to jump on the FREE bounce houses!

 Riding the horse!  She loved it!
Momma still wants a baby pig!

No comments: