Saturday, March 22, 2014

Crested Butte 2014

The first of March we headed up to Crested Butte to take Avery skiing for the first time and to spend some much needed time away from work.  My parents got to go with us!!!!!  Last summer our Colorado plans were interrupted by some health issues with my Dad so I was thrilled when they agreed to go with us!  It is always an adventure.  We travelled through the night, which was awesome because the kids slept most of the way, had an unfortunate deer experience, and arrived into Crested Butte just in time for breakfast!  After getting checked into our room we walked around and enjoyed the fresh mountain air!  Nothing like it!  We stayed at Elevation which was awesome.....ski in, ski out, quick diaper changes for Ansley, and located around everything.  Avery loved the pool and the fact she got to go swimming every night.  We found so many places we loved, but one place stood out......The Secret Stash!  It is the absolute BEST pizza place in the world.  No joke!  We had a pizza that was a potato skin on dough and it was heaven in a pizza form.  Skiing was great, time with my parents was awesome, they enjoyed a snowmobile trip together, time away was much needed, and we will definitely be back to Crested Butte!  Maybe every year!  I want to also thank my wonderful parents for hanging out with the kids while Jason and I did some much needed skiing!  So very appreciated! 
 Avery getting fitted for her boots!  She was so excited!
The snow the first day was insane.  It snowed 2 feet while we were there total and visibility the first ski day was slim.....and cold.

 Cutest bunny on the slopes!
 

The view we walked out to everyday!


Headed to ski school!

Me and my babies!

Love my family!

Multitasking with beach toys!

Love my girls!

First day with the harness.

Ready for a break.......

People actually thought I skied with her on.....really?  I just looked at them.

Snow moving in on the first day.

 This is my favorite thing to do......way better than the beach.
 
Beautiful!


We did not jump in lightly.....might I add that we have not skied since having Avery in 2010.  So it has been close to 5 years away from the slopes.  It was like we never missed a year!

The effects of day one.....Jas forgot to grab his face cover and we were on the other side of the mountain when it got bad.  No going back!

Awesome day!


Ave loved the Children's museum and the musical toys!

Downtown

Look at the snow!

The crew!


Promise my dad was in a good mood!!!!!!  Serious look I guess!


Daddy, Avery, Ansley, Mommy, Nana, and Papa.......those were the names given after her and daddy spent all morning building them!


Rocking ski school!

We can see today!

Beautiful weather!

I could live here....hop on skis, spend the whole day on the slopes, hike home, and do it again the next day!  Definitely would not need a gym membership.

She did awesome!  So proud!
 
It was a great trip and many memories made!  Looking forward to taking her up next year!

No comments: