Thursday, March 27, 2014

Happy 9 Month Birthday

How can it be?  You are now two and half months away from being ONE and I can't even imagine.  You radiate pure joy and happiness!  You can see it in your eyes and in your smile!  You are always smiling and clapping at everything.  I love how observant you are about everything around you, you get that from your sister!  Who by the way adores you.  She hasn't quite caught on that if she is more gentle then you would let her hug you more.  She comes in like a tornado and leaves like a hurricane.  I am always reminding your sissy to be careful, be gentle, not so rough......I guess you better get use to it.  You mimic everything we do; clapping, shaking your head no (which by the way you think is funny when I am telling you not to touch that, don't pull over the trash can, stop trying to climb the stairs, etc), patty cake, and your trying to talk to us as well.  I love to listen to you over the monitor or in the car.  It is non-stop "talking".  The other day it sounded just like you said "Go Avery" at her soccer game!  I did get it on video!  When you get shy around people you don't know or recognize, you put your right pointer finger in your mouth without fail.  You are also a Mommas girl......when I am holding you and someone reaches for you, you just lay your head on my shoulder or bury your head in my neck.  I have summed it up to being at home with you more than I was able to home with Ave.  Sometimes I get mom guilt with it but at the end of the day it is what it is.  When you get up from a nap or in the mornings you give us "good pats".  It is almost like your telling us thank you for coming and getting me.  You are standing on everything, transferring back and forth from the couch and coffee table, and you took two steps to me in the living room two weeks ago.  You are so cute when you push your baby stroller; you will push it away from you, your bottom will be stuck out behind you, then you walk your feet up to it!  I love it!  You do have a bit of a temper starting to show......when I do get you out of your crib and "try" to lay you down on the changing table to change your diaper you will arch your back and get so mad.  I guess you think I am laying you back down.  Hope that is not a sign that you are going to be as strong willed as your sister!!!!!  Two sassy pants may do me in!  Regardless, you are such a happy baby and although you are making up for your sister being such a good teether, you are such a joy and make us smile everyday! 
 
  Clothes:  Mostly 9 month, some 6 months still
Weight: 20.4 lbs
Height: 27 inches
Words:  Dada, you recognize your name obviously and if we say "Yea" you start clapping.  We are working on Bye-Bye....you will move your mouth as if you are trying to say it!
Eating:  You are still eating five 6oz bottles, you will eat puffs (sometimes you gag yourself with them....makes me a nervous wreck), yogurt here and there, and baby food twice a day.  At the doctor they told me you should be eating people food.....either I am a paranoid mother of two or you are behind sweet girl.  Sorry.
Shoes: 2s and 3s
Diaper Size: 4
Teeth: Bottom two are completely in and the top two are through and slowly dropping (we nicknamed you Baby Goat because you chew everything....even your bed and you drool on everything.  Quite opposite to Avery so I am new at the crankiness that comes with teething.)
Firsts:  You went to the Forth Worth Zoo for the first time and you went to the mountains in Colorado for your first ski trip (technically your second time to the mountains!)
 
Happy 9 Month Birthday Sweet Ansley Girl!

Love the light!

Daddy wanted her to wear the camo!

Sweet girl!

Happy, Happy, Happy!

No comments: