Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Happy 4th Birthday

I choked up just starting to type this.  You will always be my first....my first baby, my first love that I cannot describe (just like the way I love your daddy), the little person who made me a momma, the best Big Sister, the voice upstairs using her imagination to play just about anything, and the little girl who wants to love everyone.  I think I write this in every Birthday post, but the memories of the day you were born and all your firsts are such amazing memories.  I pretty much blogged all of it if your wondering!  I will never forget holding you for the first time and breathing in your sweet baby smell, crying, thinking how grateful to God I was that He picked me to be your mommy.  The most awesome feeling ever.  Avery you are such a joy to our family and I could wish you no different.  Perfect in our eyes!  You are smart, independent, eager to know everything, a Daddy's girl, wants to be just like mommy, mother hen to your sister, so caring and so happy!  You love Frozen, dressing up, wearing shirts with no pants (aka Dresses, this is how you describe them), you love to play with friends (always looking for the neighborhood kids because you just want to play with somebody.  Side note....I promise sister will be ready to play in a few more months.  Then it is playing house galore), you love to swim, you love to be outside playing, and above all you love Jesus!  You say the sweetest things when we pray and most of the time you want to "pray for everybody Mommy".  I love that you play so hard but you love even harder.  Always worried about others.  I pray you always stay that way.  You are becoming such a little lady and we have some of the most awesome conversations.  You talk to me like a little adult.  Sometimes I am so taken back that you are only 3, now 4, and not 20!  I love that you insist in keeping every note I have ever put in your lunchbox.  Yes, I send one everyday and yes we have them all saved in a baggie for you!  I guess I will put them in your baby book.  Funny thing is I have all the notes my mom wrote to me for my lunch in an envelope.  Treasured memories.  I love the way you pronounce your "g", like for the word again, you say A-Gin!  We are working on your sounds but it makes me sad that one day you will say everything right.  You love dance, but you love soccer more.  Funny that I am ok with that.  I love to watch you do both, but you are a little pistol on the soccer field.  You have held your own with the five year old teams we have had to play!  Proud momma and daddy!  I know there will be a thousand things I come back and add to this post after publishing it but that is ok.  So much has been going on.  You had your 4-year check up and that was pretty rough on you.  I was prepared for like six to seven shots the way everyone talked about this appointment but you got three.  I think I was more relieved than you.  You had your first vision and hearing screening which was precious and you did awesome on both!  Again, relief!  Doc looked you over, gave you an A+, and in came the nurse for the shots.  You laid back like you had done this before and cried half a second.  It was the aftermath that knocked you off your feet.  Throwing up and high fever put you down for a few days.  It made me so sad to see you not feeling good. 
 
It has been an eventful year; new house, new school, new sister, and now a NEW YEAR!  Please slow down as you will be five before I know it and starting school.  Ugh, here come the tears again.  Happy Birthday to the sweetest, coolest, little girl we know!   
Happy 4th Birthday to our Ray of Sunshine.....Avery Christine!

Party favors!



Taken from a man who said he was not going to jump.....the same man who did flips into the foam pit and jumped till he was exhausted.  Funny how that works!

Zach was even a trooper.....so proud of him!

Sweet Aubrey getting me in dodge ball.  We had a private 20 minute dodge ball game after jumping just for her party......we had a blast!

Jumping with Gigi
 
Shy little face!


Made her wish!

Cousin Doug!

and Liliana!!!!!!

Sweet friends....we missed MJ so much!


The best we could do.....far left Olivia hiding behind Grace and Owen was not going to be the only boy!  And we are missing one of the Maci's who, not ten minutes into jumping, was double bounced by some older kids and broke her leg.  Terrible. 

Owen, who is also a Red Raider, and Avery changing up her "Guns Up" sign!  He was so tired!

Us with the Birthday Girl!







Cousins with their babies!  Missing Ave!











Love this picture!  Adjusting to the new "four" hand sign!

 

No comments: