Sunday, January 10, 2010

22 Weeks Pregnant

I have not blogged much about how I am feeling or just about being pregnant. Partly because my husband has provided me a picture profile each week (to remain private) of my growing belly and I have blogged about preparations and things with our families involving Miss Avery. But the time has come to share a few things that I have notice:

  1. I drop everything. Doesn't matter if it is glued to my hand, I will find a way to drop it.

  2. I don't remember what I am doing in the moment. I will need something out of the kitchen and when I get there, I find something that needs to be done and I completely forget about what I went in there for.

  3. I have become a light sleeper. Anyone who truly knows me knows that before being pregnant I could sleep through a train coming in the room, and now I lie awake wondering about all the sounds I hear randomly through the night.

  4. If regards to sleep, I cannot get comfortable for the first four hours after lying down. I toss and turn and eventually find myself like a torpedo in the covers. :)

  5. I already have bad back problems from breaking my back and now it is worse. I try not to complain, I just tell Jason "I am just letting you know how I feel". I cannot stand complaining so I try my hardest to avoid doing it myself. But since I am sharing, my back feels like the muscle are tearing by just holding my torso up. These are feelings of an 80 year old women. Not someone in the late 20's.

  6. People always want to touch your belly. I feel violated when that happens. It is almost like reaching for one of the girls. My husband and family are fine, but others, not so much.

  7. Sitting is not so comfortable, but neither is standing. Any solutions are openly welcome.

  8. When you have to go to the bathroom, there is NO waiting time anymore (otherwise known as, "I can hold it"). It is now or never or we have a problem. :/

  9. Dancing and stretching when I am teaching my girls has now become an act of congress. Nothing really moves the same as it did before. Hoping that all comes back.

  10. Lastly, after reading all of the above, I would not trade any of it. I absolutely love being pregnant and knowing that God has given me the opportunity and chance to experience the absolute greatest gift a woman can receive, a child, is such a blessing. My favorite thing is to feel her move and my heart goes into a panic when she goes days without making any twitches. I am only 5 1/2 months along and I can hardly wait till she gets here.

But on a lighter note, I thought this was cute:


No comments: