Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gender Cake

Proud Parents-to-be!!!!!!!
The entire gang, but Papa Burrus!!!!!!!! We missed him, but he knew before anyone else.

And the cake I was not very happy with......

I know I am a little behind on some updates so I am going to do my best to get caught up before cooking dinner.
Jason and I shared the news with our families that we were having a little girl right before Christmas and we wanted to do a gender cake. With our time crunch and my dad not being home for the big announcement, we just ordered one through Kroger. Their cakes are delicious; at least where we live. Let's just say the Sherman Kroger is "one of a kind". We both went in and described in lengthy detail what we wanted and the cute little lady assured us it would be perfect and exactly as we asked. So the night of the reveal we headed to run some errands and I remember telling Jason, "why don't we go pick up the cake first that way if something is wrong, we can have some time to plan a plan B". Good thing we did because when they handed us the cake it read, "Welcome Baby Girl" and was pink all over. If your not familiar with what a gender cake is, the inside is suppose to be the color of the gender and the outside decorated very gender neutral. Needless to say, I went into a panic of what to do now. They said they did not see the directions on the back of the card and if we could give them ten minutes, they could fix it. I don't know about you, but how in the world do you redo a cake in 10 minutes. However they did it we walked out of Kroger with a cake in hand and headed to the restaurant.

Was I pleased with what I had to pay for, absolutely NOT. The writing was off centered and rather random and the quality was horrible as far as decor. In the end the cake did taste pretty good and everyone ate it and I realized there were other things to stress over than a cake. Note to self: just order from a true bakery next time Ashley!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for every other informative web site. The place else may I get that type
of information written in such an ideal method?
I've a project that I am just now running on, and I've
been on the glance out for such info.

Here is my blog: Look What I Found