Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy 6 Month Birthday

Happy 6 Month Birthday Sweet Baby Girl

This is the only faint smile I could get!
So Avery is now 6 months old, half-way to 1 year. It does not sound right saying that. I feel like yesterday I found out I was pregnant with her. What an amazing feeling to be so in love with your child. Jason and I feel very blessed to have such a happy beautiful baby girl. We both can not wait to get home from work to see her everyday. And even though we love Mrs. Holly, I have had some days this past two weeks that I have hated leaving her. I just want to curl up on the couch and cuddle all day long with Avery! She is super sweet in the mornings and I just want to soak up every minute I can with her.
She had her 6 month check-up October 28th and got a shot in each thigh. That explains why she is not smiling in her pictures above. She did not feel good and her little legs hurt. She is a growing little baby. She weighted 16.5 pounds and was 25.5 inches long which is in the 50% percentile for both. She got a great report card, A+ for physical exam and developmental exam. This always makes mommy happy. She is now starting solid foods and trying to drink a little water from a sippy cup. What a BIG girl! She has only had carrots so far and LOVES them. Jas took pictures and got her on flip video trying carrots for the first time. She is probably thinking, "FINALLY, these people realize I want REAL food. I try to get their food all the time at dinner and they keep moving the plate further from my little hands." She acts like we starve her, but she is not missing any meals. She is a healthy little squirt. She is now sitting on her own, but then will slowly fall over. She can roll from one side of the room to the other side of the room in no time and I think if she could walk she would be running! Her legs and arms NEVER stop moving.
Avery is still loving going to the football games and we have actually had to wear jackets the last couple of times. Good football weather! This month we went to the Pumpkin Patch and got some great pictures we already shared. Daddy also bought Avery a mobile walker which she loves to follow you around in. She is still sleeping through the night in our room, but is now napping in her bed upstairs. I know most kids are already in their beds by now, but with our room downstairs and hers upstairs it makes me crazy to think about her being that far. I know, momma needs to get over it, but give me time. She is NEVER in our bed, just in our room. I am slowly getting better, but it is just another one of those things that remind me of her getting bigger and I am really struggling with that.

No comments: