Friday, October 22, 2010

Just a few.....

So it is almost the end of October and I cannot believe my sweet little baby girl is going to be 6 Months old next week. I get really emotional just thinking about it. I know it is the inevitable, but I want to be able to hold her in my arms for eternity. I cannot express what a sweet baby she is. I love her smell, her hands, her button nose, well.......everything. She is only fussy when she is tired or hungry and the rest of the time she is all smiles. I can look into her eyes and see the love that Jason and I give her radiate from her little face.

Speaking of hungry. We have had a fiasco with formula since all the Similac was pulled from the market. Everyone told Jason and I that the "off" brand was the same thing. I beg to differ. We tried the Target brand and the Sam's brand and with both brands Avery bathed me in throw up/spit up....whatever you want to call it, for days all while smiling. She never cried or fussed, but I know it had to bother her to spit up that much. We are talking projectile. So we have finally settled with Enfamil Gentle Ease and all I can say is hallelujah; after trying four different formulas. Thank you Similac. I absolutely loved nursing and I wish I had a job that was conducive to continue with it, but I would have had to shut down the bathroom just to pump. At the time I stopped, it was right after the move and I was so wore thin with everything going on, I just thought it was time. Boy, do I wish I could go back and change my mind. I nursed for four months and had a milk supply of two more months; which is good. I cried on the last bag of milk we used two weeks ago. It is just another reminder that Avery is getting bigger and that time has now passed.

It is football season and Jason has been hard at work with his kiddos. He loves his school and the guys he coaches with are awesome. His team is undefeated and we are so glad that daddy is at the Junior High level. He is home so much now and we love it. We get to go run and do on the weekends, work around the house, visit with our families, and most importantly be at home as a family a lot more than if he was coaching Varsity. We go to all his games and Avery loves being at the football stadium. All the parents want to take her home but it would be a hard fight to win for them. There is one little girl who always asks me if "your baby" can play; too cute. We love football season!

Life feels very balanced right now and we are really looking forward to the holidays. Thanksgiving is at our house this year so that is exciting, I think. I made Avery an adorable Halloween tutu and rhinestoned a little onesie and we are headed to the Celina Pumpkin Patch tomorrow if weather permits. It would rain all weekend. :( We cherish our time with ALL our family and still find it hard to believe sometimes that we are in McKinney! We miss our sweet friends in Houston but this is where our heart is and we are so thankful for the path that God has allowed us to take. I will post pics soon!

No comments: