Friday, April 29, 2011

Avery is ONE!

Happy 1st Birthday sweet Avery!!!!!!!
Angel Baby

So Avery is now ONE year old. When I started her monthly posts the thought of writing her 12 month post was few and far between. And here we are! Avery has changed so much in the last 12 months. She has developed her motor skills, her communication skills, and has definitely developed a little personality! Since she started walking she loves to follow Maddie around, which Maddie does not like. She loves to climb up in her "Avery" chair, all by herself, and look or tear up books. She thinks it is so funny to escape through the baby gate and climb the stairs leaving her father left to tighten the gate for the um tenth time and her mother chasing after her. We do not know what it is to sit still anymore because she has more energy than the energizer bunny! I am so thankful for Avery's health and happiness and I love watching her discover new things; such as her bubbles or the taste of dirt from the flower beds :) Daddy had fun teaching her how to smell flowers and instead she put them in her mouth! The WHOLE flower. The things she does are hilarious and she continuously makes us laugh. She loves going outside and will stand at the door pitifully wanting out to play. When she talks, she knows exactly what she is trying to say, but nothing makes sense! I love the sound of her voice, the look in her eyes, and the smile that she gets when she see us. I could do without the arching of the back when you don't get your way or the occasional swinging of the hands that leads to a "we don't hit", "hands are not for hitting", or a swat on the bottom. I am really struggling with this new found attitude. But until she understands right from wrong we will continue to teach her what she should be doing. We so look forward to spending the summer with you at the pool, outside playing, and going to the park!


Here is what Avery's been up too:
Size 3.5 shoe

Wear a size 4 diaper


12 month clothes


You are eating mostly table food with 1 to 2 baby foods mixed in


Started eating Teddy Grahams which you love! (Thanks Nana)


Two bottles of formula and two bottles of Whole milk (which I am still struggling with)


You are still not sure about sippy cups, which we will continue to work on.


Weight 23.1


You are now saying momma and dada


You are 29.5 inches tall


You have mastered telling everyone how old you are, by putting your cute little finger up and then clapping when we say "Good job!"


You say "dye" instead of bye and wave your hand like crazy


You are definitely more reluctant with strangers or people you have not been around regularly


You mastered Easter egg hunting by attending four egg hunts and then all the practice in the backyard with mom and dad.



Celebrated your 1st Easter on April 24, 2011


You have two teeth on bottom and four teeth on top, which we have started brushing



You love to empty your drawers in your room. I am not fond of this new game.



We will start all sippy cups and no baby food this next week so please cooperate! The following is a letter that we wrote to you. We love you very much!



Dear sweet baby Avery,
You are now ONE year old! Your mommy and daddy cannot believe it! I recall the day you were born like yesterday; the smell of your soft baby skin, the feeling I had when I first held you at 2 am in the NICU, and the feeling I got when I finally realized that I am MOM. You have brought us so much joy and happiness this past year. I think back to the day I found out I was pregnant with you, September 11, 2009. I received the phone call as I was coming home to change and get ready for a football game. When I heard the words on the phone, I had to pull over because I was overcome with tears of joy. I catch myself sometimes in awe at the thought that I am your mommy and that God chose me to be your momma. I prayed for you and you could not be more perfect. I look forward to teaching you about your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and watching your grow spiritually. I am so thankful that you are healthy and happy. I think of the day that we take you to your first day of school or the day you ask me about boys and I tear up. I tear up because I am torn between happiness and sadness. Happy because you will thrive in life and we will be there to support you each and every day, but sad because I will no longer stroll the isles of Babies R’ Us looking for baby goodies to get you. As your mom, you will need to understand that I WILL CRY at everything because I am so proud of you and that your dad will show his emotions for you SILENTLY! We take such pride in being your parents and we will work every minute of the day to be the best parents to you. We love you with all our hearts and for right now we will rock you quietly and cherish every little step that you are taking. We promise to be in the moment with everything you do. You are our sweet baby Avery and we will protect forever. We love you.

Your proud parents-
Dada and Momma

1 comment:

ashley, kyle, clay, and avery said...

Happy Birthday sweet Avery! I teared up reading your letter. The first birthday is such a bitter sweet day: proof that your babies are growing up. Hope you all have a great day celebrating your ONE year old!