Sunday, October 9, 2011

Proud to be a Red Raider

My good friend Alisha Pemberton posted a fiery post about the college rivalry between A&M and Texas Tech.  Let's get a few things straight.  Classifying everyone as a "classless clown" is idiotic.  A&M has had it's fair share of "classless acts" such as: 
As quoted by Alisha Pemberton: 
"I guess pouring urine from the upper deck into the Texas Tech section is okay at Kyle Field.

I guess Stealing Texas Tech's mascot and throwing orange paint on it in 1975, which the paint had lead therefore causing the horse to die of Lead Poisoning is okay.

I guess stealing Texas Tech band instruments, hats, and saddle tramp bells are okay?


These are all part of things that go on between rivals and are done by a very small number of people. This doesn't mean that every Aggie is "classless". I have many dear friends that are graduates of A&M and they are wonderful individuals.


The game was a great football game. It could have gone either way, but in the end the Red Raiders couldn't pull it out. I'm still proud to be a Red Raider. I think I went to a wonderful University. I wish the Aggies the best of luck in the SEC. I'm sure that LSU fans are just sweet as pie when you come to their home field."  

Although the above words are from a friend, I feel the same way.  It is unfair to consider all Red Raiders "classless" and I will always be proud to be a Red Raider. 

No comments: