Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy 18 Month Birthday

Happy 18th Month Birthday baby Avery

Another month of milestones, excitement, and pure joy has passed.  I find myself thinking about the fun of Christmas, your theme for your 2nd birthday, and then I get mad at myself for rushing more days by!  I need time to slow down.  You are hoot right now!  You "talk", run in circles around the house, and at the present moment everything related to Christmas is a Santa and it is still two months away!  I laugh at your expressions, cry when I walk by your 12 months framed photos upstairs outside your room, and I thank God each night for your health and happiness and for choosing your daddy and I to be your parents.  I cannot imagine life without you. 

Cloths:  18 month mostly with a few 12 months
Teeth:  12 with four still trying to break through
Shoes:  5 to 5.5
Diapers:  4
Food:  Anything really.  You love salad, chicken, grilled cheese, goldfish, fruit snacks, and your all time favorite thing is Ketchup!  You are a dipper!
Words:  Momma, Daddy, Sissy, Nana, Poppa, Wuwu (Aunt Lulu), Gigi, Papaw, ball, dog, bye, slide, Weeeeeee, Wuv you, sorry, tank you, peas (please), No-no, juice (which is what you call milk), outside, food, flower, punkin, yummy, paci, night night, teef (teeth), brrrrr (and you put your arms around yourself and go side to side), Minnie and my two favorites that you started saying are Jesus and Santa!  You are also starting to put words together like; bye sissy, sorry Santa (when you dropped your Frosty the Snowman on the ground), peas paci........you get the idea! 

My sweet girl

You love to brush your teeth, you give the best hugs, and your kisses are wonderful!  I love when you come lay your head on my lap or if I am sitting in the floor and you come up behind me and give me a big hug.  You are still obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  You get so excited when we go somewhere like Lowe's or Target and you see a Christmas tree, or a plane in the sky, or a hot air balloon (which occurs weekly where we live!).  I love that you love the simple things!  You took your first hayride and went Trick or Treating for the first time this past month.  You listen so well and will clean up messes when I ask you to.  We still have the occasional melt down or throwing ourselves to the ground when we are not getting our way.  I have come to terms with it and that it is the age.  Along with that comes lots of pray to stay calm and keep my patience.  Thank you Love and Logic for your advice.  I know there are a million things I am forgetting but hopefully I got them in your baby book!  I love you.  You are your mommy and daddy's pride and joy!   

No comments: