Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter weekend started off with the arrival of my awesome husband and my dad coming home from work!  We began with the Easter Egg Hunt at my school on Thursday evening hosted by our National Honor Society and the kids had a blast.  We got to see the Easter Bunny, from afar, and all our friends; MJ, Karley, and Andi.  There was a ton of eggs and we went home with quite a stash!  Friday was busy with errands, cleaning, and the buying of our new formal dining furniture.  I am super excited to get it!  Then Papa and Nana took over at the house and Jas and I headed to Dallas for a Mommy and Daddy getaway.  We needed some time to just hang out and talk.  We stayed at the Magnolia in Downtown Dallas and sat out at the Iron Cactus for hours talking.  I love that hotel and the room we had was like a small apartment.  It was so nice to just be with my hubby for a few hours!  

The next morning we could not get back to our baby girl quick enough!  We went with my parents and Lindsey to the Dallas Arboretum and enjoyed lunch and soaking up some sun.  It felt great!  I love that place; people watching and beautiful scenery.  We left there and headed to my Aunt's house to celebrate our cousin Tucker turning 10!  That seems crazy to think that he is 10, but time flies here lately.  If your not exhausted yet by our weekend so far, and it is only Saturday evening, we then headed to our other cousin's house Doug and his wife Lilliana to see Adam (another cousin) in from North Carolina.  It was great seeing them! 

Sunday morning my mom helped me in the nursery with my babies.  She really enjoyed it!  Then Jason, Lindsey, and Avery met us for service.  Avery brought home her egg shaker that represents the empty tomb.  She was so excited.  Unfortunately my dad was called back on Saturday night to head to another job so he missed church and lunch with the family.  I hated that but that is how it goes.  For lunch my grandma, grandpa, Mom, Lindsey, Aunt Lori, and Tucker joined us.  It was nice to lounge that afternoon after lunch and listen to the rain.  Shortly after everyone left, I cleaned house and put away all the bunnies!  It is always nice to have a clean house!  I was so grateful for such an awesome weekend with my family, regardless if it was a super busy one, it was enjoyable.  I am so blessed to be able to worship my God and know that all is right with HIM.  I hope everyone had a great Easter. 

I know this is late, but oh well.   
MJ and Avery (and of course she has to hold daddy's hand!)

There are soooo many eggs


Comparing the goods

Andi and Avery (one month apart!)

Sweet boy

This was Avery's strategy......stash as many under the chin then come find the basket!

Avery, MJ, and Karley (this is the best us parents got)

Awesome ring around the sun

Dallas Skyline



Delta Delta Delta representing!



Running everywhere

Beautiful day

I love this man so much!

I'm sure this made Jason's day!

Hopefully we have a little athlete on our hands!

Avery loves her Daddy

Silly girl!

Tucker the 10 year old!  Such a big boy.

Nana and Papa joined us and Avery had a blast!
The Easter Bunny was super nice to Avery!  (Thanks to a few helpers that brought their stuff to our house!)

Is all this for me?



Hunting them eggs!


Love this picture.  She is so animated.


My sweet girl

This is my happy place!

And after that weekend, we were all ready to do this!

No comments: