Monday, May 28, 2012

Lubbock Home Sweet Home

Last weekend we headed to Lubbock!  I was so very excited and pretty much had something planned every hour of everyday!  We got to see Jenn (one of my college roommates, bridesmaid in our wedding, and such a good friend), we got to see my babies (Ella and Stance who I keep from the time they were both very little), we got to visit with family, go to graduation, walk the campus, and soak up the Scarlet and Black air.  If you can't tell I love Lubbock and yes we could move there.  Most who are reading this probably think we are crazy, but we are die hard Tech fans, always have and always will.  It was so nice to be somewhere so familiar and feel at home.  Jason and I were so involved at Tech while we were there, it just feels right to be in Lubbock!  It is one of my happy places!  Our initial intentions were to attend Chelsea's Graduation, one of my sister's closest friend's and dear to our family, but then it was a bonus to go a little early and visit with friends and family!
Little Miss Priss sitting in bed watching cartoons on momma's iPad!  What a life!
Loved the decorations at the new Overton Convention Center.  Lubbock is moving on up!
Jenn, one of my dearest friends.  I could have sat and talked with her all day!  I miss this girl and can't wait to see her the next time!
Avery loved Jenn too!  She wanted to sit in her lap while we ate breakfast!
Student Union
Our little model!  It will be cool to have this picture her freshman year at Tech!  I am already planning.......however if her dream is something else, then we will support that.  Momma will just cry for a bit then get over it!
I loved this picture!
Group photo!  Ave would not stand still so she is on the other side!!!!!!
Daddy helping her ring the bell!
Go Tech!
Really to play at the park!
Sweet girl!
Looking through the net of the Legacy Play Village!  I helped build this with Tri Delta many many years ago!  And now my daughter is playing here.  Crazy!
Avery going down the really big slide!  No fear in this child.
The minute I saw Stance and Ella I just cried.  They have grown up so much and Stance is such a big boy!  These babies will always have a special place in my heart.
Love this family!  They took such good care of me all my years at Tech!
Avery waiting to eat at Orlando's!  And her baby too!
Our family!
Silly girl!
Happy Graduation Day!
So excited and happy to share her special day!
Taking in all there is to see at the United Spirit Arena!  When we got of the car, Avery said, "Oh daddy ook, castle!"  She thought it was Mickey's castle!  Silly girl!
Chelsea's little brother, Landon, and Ave hit it off.  Here they are entertaining one another by watching The Winnie Pooh Movie in the box!
Congratulations sweet girl!
Love our little Red Raider!
Chelsea and Barrett's Graduation party!  We had so much fun meeting all of their families and making some new friends!  What a great celebration!  And what a great way to spend an extended weekend in Lubbock!

No comments: