Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Avery is going to be............

A BIG SISTER!!!!!!!!!
 
We are thrilled to announce that we are expecting a new bundle of joy coming in June of 2013!  I found out right after we got back from our Disney World trip and Jason had just left for work.  I kept the news to myself for two weeks until he came back home.  It was killing me, but I knew he would want something special.  Not just a phone call.  I had bought a card several months ago about time apart in regards to his long jobs that I thought one day I would sneak into his bag as a surprise.  So I thought this would be the perfect way to tell him!  I took the below pictures of Avery and she did a card for daddy as well.  When he got home I gave him my card, which mentioned nothing of the news, and then he opened Aves card.  It had the pictures of her sharing her surprise and the pictures of the seven tests I took.  It took us so long to get pregnant this time that I was not convinced.  He said, "Are you joking?  Are you serious?"  And so it began!  The thought of a family of four. I have been really sick since week five and I have been on nausea medicine since then.  And I am still getting really sick to my stomach, occasionally getting sick.  My birthday fell on my 10 week so we thought that would be a perfect time to share with our parents and siblings.  We had them over for dinner and after everyone got there Jason changed Avery's shirt.  The shirt said "BIG SIS" and when she came out wearing the shirt and carrying the pictures of the sonogram they went crazy.  Unfortunately Avery was sick and did not want to cooperate, but it was a great evening regardless.  My cake Jason got me was even in theme!  Blue and Pink!  That was our story in a nut shell!  I will say this disclaimer:  I do believe that when you have your second, because you already have a little to tend to, you are so much more tired and exhausted and being sick with headaches has not helped.  Jason is amazing and has been mom and dad on many occasions.  We feel blessed, over joyed, and super excited to grow our family!   
My favorite!
Sweet girl is so excited!
Our little pumpkin sharing our secret!
The cake!
And our second miracle at 13wk4d!  I love that you can see his/her profile!

2 comments:

Caitlin Riley said...

So happy for you Ashley!!! Congrats to your sweet family!! Hope you feel better quickly! I was sick until 18 weeks!!! Can't wait to find out if baby Glover is a girl or boy :)

ashley, kyle, clay, and avery said...

I am so excited for you!!!! YEA!!! I love Avery's face in the chalkboard pictues. So cute!