Sunday, March 20, 2011

Some of my favorite things.......

So I read a few weeks ago a couple of posts from Stephanie and Ashley about their favorite things! I love posts like this so I have decided to post something similar. Thanks girls for the idea!
When Jason and I moved back from Houston, we both desired to get back to the gym but we never made it a priority until about two months ago. I cannot tell you how great we feel now that we are working out again. Our cloths are fitting a little looser and I have most of my energy back. After having Avery and going through such horrible headaches, which I still have occasionally, I was stuck in a rut and I never thought I would start feeling like myself again. I had such a misconception about child birth: "You have a great pregnancy, a healthy birth, then lay low for about a week, and then you will back to normal and life will be grand." Little did I know I would only get two of those; a great pregnancy and a life with Avery that is grander than anything else. I am so glad to get this part of my life back and feel so much better!


I LOVE Noxzema! I have used this stuff forever and I love the tingling sensation on my face after using it. I wash my face twice a day with it and it treats my skin so good!

All I drink is water and it is a must have.
I must have product on my lips at all times and one of my favorites is the tinted Burt's lip balm.
A few more things.........I love being outside, I love to clean and work in the yard, I love rocking my baby to sleep, I love the way Avery smells in the morning when I get her up, I love everything about her, I love my husband more than words could say (And his smell; I have a thing with smells, they trigger so many memories for me), I love the history we have together, I love the smell of a match being blown out and the inital smell of turning the AC on in the car (I know those are weird), I love the feeling of the sun beaming down on me while sitting on the porch, and I love my Faith in the Lord. My Faith has given me such strength and reassurance in myself. I love knowing that Avery and our future children will be raised in a Christian home and I love my family!
It feels good to write this post because the last couple of months I found myself in such a good place. Happy and contentment would describe it. I have reminensced on the past year many times here lately both with all the changes and the major changes in Avery. Looking at her pictures and remembering how small she was compared to now takes me to a bitter sweet place. We have been planing her 1st Birthday party and all I can think about is cupcakes and pink and brown. Her party theme has been decided on since she was two months old. I know I jumped ahead a little bit, but if you know anything about me it is that I plan far in advance! A bit OCD maybe.....my dad would not be allowed to comment here; nor my husband. :) Anyway the past year has been very busy and a bit stressful and Jason and I both feel like we are finally to a good place with a lot of things. Life can get stressful and it can take a toll. Jason and I are truely a team and I feel like the past year has shown us that we can weather just about any storm.

No comments: