Wednesday, June 1, 2011

 Happy 13th Month Birthday sweet girl!
Reading!!!!!  I think I know exactly what I am saying!


 Pondering her next move
 The look of mischief
 She is her mother's child...........
 ..........in more than one way!
Who says she's too young to learn to clean!  Momma needs a handy helper!

 
So Avery is a full fledged toddler.  That is hard to roll off the tongue...........Where is my baby?  I will not drag on for paragraphs at a time like your first twelve months because I am probably trying to catch up on laundry, clean the house, or just stare at you in the monitor and think about how lucky your mommy and daddy is to have you!  So here is a brief update:

What you have been up to:
-You are running everywhere
-I think you need a helmet as much as you hit your head.  I pray that everything is ok with your skull.
-You eat whatever we eat with four five ounce sippy cups of whole milk.
-Size 4 diapers
-12 month clothing
-You love the water
-You can sign "more" and we are working on "drink", "all done", and "food"
-You are talking up a storm, but the only thing we can make out is "dada", "momma", "dye", "doag", and "hi"
-You can show us where your mouth is and you still put one finger up when we say "how old are you?"
-You have an attitude that is for the birds; there are time outs, swats on the backside, and "be nice" talks throughout the day.  This is another thing I pray for daily......."God give me the strength to be a good example."
-You have found your voice, oh wait, your screaming voice.  You use it when you are happy, mad, hurt, sad, glad, etc........

But at the end of the day you give really good kisses and hugs and you make eye contact when we talk to you.  I know all of the other things are stages that you will only learn to grow out of with the guidance of your parents and I hope and pray daily that we are doing a good job with that.  We love you very much and thank you for our daily laughs, smiles, small tears in the eyes due to joy, and complete exhaustion when we lay down at night.  We love our busy little baby Avery and we are so proud to be your parents.

No comments: