Sunday, July 22, 2012

Arbuckle Wilderness

So last week Jason and I drove up to Oklahoma to take Avery to Arbuckle Wilderness.  We both had gone as kids and remember it being really fun with lots of animals to see.  Well, that was not the case when we got there.  Disclaimer: Avery loved it and that is ALL that matters; even though Jason and I were pretty disappointed.  The place was super run down with hardly any variation in animals.  There were donkeys, ducks, llamas, ostriches, and more donkeys.  The coolest animals were the rhinos!  When I bought the tickets the lady told me they would be two dollars cheaper due to the relocation of the zebra and giraffe.  After seeing the place I'm wondering where they really went.  I got some great pictures though!  I would not recommend the trip to anyone.

 Lunch at Braum's!  Waiting on her chicken!

 The parking lot should have been our first clue.
 One of many ducks.
 One of many donkeys.


 Not a very tentative driver.  Thank goodness she has a while!
 She wanted to give it sugars!

 Poor guy needs to see a hair dresser and dentist!
 "I don't care if your brown or white!"
 Eating feed out of a Pepsi cup!
 Crazy driver!
 I would have loaded this little guy in the truck!  He was precious!


 He looked like he was posing.
 Water buffalo
 Rhinos

 Even the turtles were hungry.  They came in mass numbers, got one piece of food, and then took off back into the pond!
Pictures in between not seeing any animals.
 Run down boat dock.
 Only animals in a cage.
 What the other cages looked like.  Empty.
 Deserted.
 The only lion we saw.
 Avery and daddy wondering where the animals are???????
 Loving on my baby girl while waiting at Sonic!  Promise we don't always go to fast food.  Just while traveling and we needed something refreshing.
 Silly girl

Avery taking pictures of daddy! 
Mommy had to help her with it finally!

No comments: