Friday, January 11, 2013

Bringing in 2013

2012 ended on a good note with having Jason and my dad home for the holidays, but I was ready to see it go.  It brought joy (Disney trip and finding out we were expecting baby Glover #2), transition (me starting a new job), difficulty (salary change and slow moving times in the natural gas industry), sadness (seeing loved ones go through hard times, seeing little ones battle life threatening diseases), but through it all Jason and I came out on top.  A strong, Christian based marriage, a wonderful healthy little girl, a healthy growing baby on the way, and we remained focused on our goals for 2013.
 
I have always been bad about setting New Year's resolutions and if I do I tend to forget by February or I get too busy.  So this year I made it a goal to set New Year's changes per say.  I want to improve things, change things, and become a better wife, mother, daughter, and teacher.  I have been thinking about this post since before New Year's Eve and today it came together in my head.  We had a training at work that flipped the light on.  Everyday I need to clothe myself in Christ.  Perfectly said.  I cannot have patience alone, I cannot show compassion alone, I cannot .............You get the idea.  I have to ask for help from God and He is the only one who can help me keep it together each day. 
 
My situation is a little different than most with Jason being gone quite a bit.  I tend to everything when he is gone and when he returns he becomes super dad!  Jason has made many sacrifices for our family and for that I will always be grateful and hold a respect for him like no other.  He always puts Avery and I first and never once do I question that.  He lends an ear when I feel overwhelmed at home and talks me off the ledge.  So in knowing that God and Jason will always have my back, that is what really geared me to come up with my changes.
 
My Plan for 2013:    
 
1.  Daily Devotional that focuses on things I need to work on.  So far this book has been AWESOME!  I want to be a better discipline and take time out each day that is my time with God to reflect and pray.
 
2.  Always make sure Jason knows how much I respect him, love him, and am thankful for him.  I do a pretty good job already, but I love him more and more each day and I want him to know that when he wakes up and when he lays down.
 
3.  Be in the moment.  Meaning if I have to stop to brush Barbie's hair while blogging, then that is what I will do.  Note: I did that while I was writing this change!  I want to enjoy everything Avery is doing and when baby Glover #2 gets here, do the same with them.  Cleaning, laundry, lunch making, whatever will wait.  And I can grantee that unless a fairy flies into my house and does it all for me that it will be there tomorrow. 
 
4.  Let go of any thoughts that hold me back from being a positive person in many aspects of my life.  Worry is not for me to do and this change will be VERY hard for me to do.  Anyone who knows me knows that I worry about anything and everything.
 
5.  Be a better teacher in my home.  I give so much at work that I want to do the same at home.  I know I love on Avery and teach her things (I'm not bashing myself as a mother) but I know there is room for improvement and in 10 years I want to look back and have no regrets or moments of "I wish I would have done that, etc".  My current job has allowed me to do so much with her this year and it was been a blessing.  I am with her all the time and I love our time together!
 
I am super excited about many things that are changing for Glover's in 2013!  Bring on a fabulous year as we expand our family and grow in faith.
 
 
 
Also with a new year I wanted to share a few of my favorite "New" things:
 
1.  My new Clarisonic Mia 2 that my parents got for me.  I have never been more pleased with the way my skin feels after using this.  If you know me, you know that I never go to bed without washing my face unless I am sick or past the point of exhaustion, and I now cannot go to bed without using this morning and night!

 
 
2. Motherhood Maternity has the cutest cloths and when I was pregnant with Avery I maybe went in twice to look around and purchase something.  But for Christmas I got some super cute tops and it made me feel like a new woman!!!!!!  It is amazing what a new shirt will do for someone!  I told Jason, KIDDINGLY, that with all the cute maternity stuff I have now that I may have to have baby 3 just to wear it again.  He was not amused!
 
 
3.  Avery and Baby Glover #2's new ride!  I love love love this stroller, Baby Jogger's City Select.  We had a different version at Disney World that we rented which prompted us to purchase this version verses the double side by side.  Love it!  Now for our little baby to get here!  Avery tells my belly everyday, "Baby you come out!".  Silly girl! 
 
 

No comments: