Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Lindsey!!!!!!!!!!

The back porch at my parents house. Peaceful.
Lindsey and her friends.
Lindsey pondering her wish. Ummmmmm!
Again, her friends unprepared for a picture.


June 1st was Lindsey's 19th Birthday. I cannot believe how old she is getting. We had a fun little cookout and celebrated with family and friends. Her boyfriend, Zach, from China Spring came down with his friend Caleb which made her really happy. Our family definitely approves of Zach. She had several friends from Sherman come over and then our family to help celebrate. I have to share with everyone what happened later that night.

So my dad was telling us about all these "ghosts" stories around Sherman. I was a little disappointed because I grew up in Sherman and never once heard the stories. I love watching "The Haunting" and all the ghosts shows. I know, a bit ridiculous to say the least. Anyway, the stories led my sister and her friends to want to go try the stories. The first place we went there was nothing. Me and Caleb saw a figure out in the field, but naturally no one believed us. A truly disappointing experience. Now for the good stuff. We went out to Friendship Road to see hand prints appear on the windshield. Again, ridiculous. Once we got out to the cemetery, we stopped on the bridge next to it and turned the lights out. Lindsey was driving and got the bright idea to turn off the car. Well, that freak us all out and at the same time a car suddenly appeared coming towards us. We started screaming at her and she fumbled to start the car. Like I said the car suddenly appeared towards us and as we drove by it was a Sheriff's car. What is the likelihood of this happening again. Perfect I thought. I told my sister that if we got pulled over to stay calm and tell them exactly what we were doing. Blame it on dad. :) We got around a corner and a car suddenly started gaining on our tail end. Lindsey said, "It is not him, we weren't doing anything wrong." True, but we did something very very very stupid. Right then, all we saw was red and blue lights behind us. We were getting pulled over. The Sheriff approached the car slowly, shining his flashlight in all the windows. I know he was looking for alcohol. But all we had was Sprite, Dr.Pepper, two teachers, and four college students on a Monday night. How exciting! He asked my sister for her license and who owned the car. Zach drives a brand new black Escalade so we looked a little suspicious. Then we heard, "Miss Burrus, please step to the back of the car." I know my sister was freaking out. He stood back there and questioned her for a few minutes, then came to ask us to verify her story. We started laughing when we told him what we were doing, then he proceeded to tell us we were at the wrong cemetery and directed us where to go. Needless to say we went home after that. Lindsey not only got presents for her birthday but a nice little visit from the Sheriff's department. What a memory. Happy Birthday Lindsey!!!!!!!!!

No comments: