Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Night At The Ballpark

Our new seats!!!!!
The coolest cup holder ever! If someone tries to steal my drink, I will redefine knuckle sandwich!!!! :)
Jason and Josh
The happily married couple

So yesterday Jason and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. We both had to go into work to take care of some things and Jason's brother, Josh, is in town so we decided that we would celebrate in July with a little trip. So us being the exciting couple we are, we ran some errands, Jason mowed the yard, and I went over to a good friends house to hold her precious twin girls, Lauren and Elizabeth, that she had June 2, 2009. Jason suggested that we go to the Houston Astros game against the Chicago Cubs because Josh had never been to a Major League Baseball game. We had a ball. I have always wanted to ride in one of those carts behind the bicycles so Jason flagged one down and it took us right to the ticket booth. We ate at the park and it was the B-E-S-T chicken sandwich I have ever had. Although we sat in the nose bleed section, we had a great view. About the eighth inning, we moved down right behind home plate and had an even better view for the one and only homerun we saw last night from the Astros. While we were sitting there, Jason spotted Mattress Mac and those of you who are Houstonians you know who he is. As for the rest of you, he owns Gallery Furniture which recently suffered a horrific fire in their warehouse and are now having to rebuild. Any who, he is a celebrity in Houston so that was exciting (I know, I know. I am boring.) Once we started to get ready to leave, Jason went in and bought a miniature, cherry wood baseball bat and had our names and wedding anniversary engraved into it. I had to remind him that most wives would not agree to go to a baseball park on their anniversary, but that he married an exception; granted I enjoy sporting events. I told him as long as we are together, I am game (no pun intended).

No comments: